Reducing environmental impact and reaping business benefits
The World wastes approximately one third of food produced. According to Unilever and Hubbab five point plan the annual cost of avoidable food waste to the UK economy is £12.5bn (17 million tonnes of greenhouse gas).
The global issue of Food Waste is one that needs to be addressed. Affecting everyone from consumer to government, food waste costs economies billions each year. With the UK wasting an equivalent of six meals every week, now is the time for action.
New Food presents its inaugural one-day conference, Food Waste: Reducing environmental impact and reaping business benefits. This event pioneers the conversation on issues relating to food waste, from legislation to packaging and household trends.
It will also equip delegates with the strategies and techniques for measuring, monitoring and analysing supply chain to identify areas of food wastage.
Reserve your seat now to enjoy savings with our special Early Bird rate!
HERE ARE THE TOP FIVE REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- Learn how to arrive at practical solutions for your surplus food redistribution schemes
- Identify proactive strategies on how to overcome barriers regarding consumer commitment to reducing food waste
- Examine the EU legislation and what Brexit means for UK commitments and policies
- Gain insights into the impact of Brexit on the resilience of the UK food supply chain
- Explore food waste reduction strategies throughout the supply chain